For Student Organizations

Student groups are encouraged to reach out to Event & Conference Services for information on the event planning process, 25live access, or space reservations. Email us at

myUMBC Student Organization Schedulers Group – This group provides information and updates to the designated schedulers for student groups.

SGA, Student Government Association

Funding/ Finance Board – Student events requiring funding must request through SGA’s finance board funding approval process.

Student Organization Financial Post-Event Form

Entertainment – Performer Contract Information

Check out our FAQ page for answers to common questions

Event Planning Timeline

This timeline outlines the student event planning process, and is a general reference for keeping your event planning process on track:


  • Submit your event request in 25live

After you receive a response for your event submission

  • Schedule a meeting with the Coordinator for Student Organization Event Advising (The Commons 335)

60+ days before event

30+ days before event

  • Have funding confirmed through SGA Finance Board for events between $1000-$3000
  • Make sure all entertainment contracts are submitted to Event & Conference Services
  • Make sure all catering paperwork is submitted to Student Affairs Business Services Center
  • Have appropriate board members sign off on the event and details via the “Advance Form”
  • Attend your planned SAFE meeting with all service providers (Police, commonvision, SABSC, Events, etc.)
  • Meet with commonvision if you have a marketing package

2+ weeks before the event

  • Funding for your event must be confirmed through SGA Finance Board or Carryover accounts
  • Upload a complimentary wristband list to Box to ensure that your executive board members, special guests, and performers will get in for free and will be admitted even if capacity for the event is reached
  • Submit vendor forms for any outside vendors

1+ weeks before the event

  • Upload a final show agenda/timeline for the event (upload a preliminary agenda/timeline as soon as you have it)
  • Cash box request forms are due if you are collecting any money for any reason


A quick reference guide to food policies at student events:

Can I have food/drink at my scheduled event?

Will it be catered?

Yes – Great! Caterers can serve food with proper paperwork. Please email to get the catering process going on your event!


  • Is it for current members of your organization only?
    • Yes – Serve your food! Baltimore County food code allows for organizations to provide various food for their members (i.e. potlucks, ordering pizza, etc.)
  • No, it is open to people outside our organization
    • Does the food need to be kept hot or cold? (i.e anything cooked in a kitchen, most dairy products, etc.)
      • Yes
        • Baltimore County food code requires food cooked in a kitchen or with temperature requirements to be catered.
        • Caterers can serve food with proper paperwork. Please email to get the catering process going on your event!
      • No
        • Are you selling food?
          • No – Go ahead and serve your snacks, drinks, etc. to your guests!
        • Yes

Tabling Locations

All tabling reservations are provided 1 table and 2 chairs, at no cost to student organizations.

It is important to note that the tabling spots in the breezeway are for tabling activities only.  This means that groups must operate from their table.  Clothing racks, additional tables, large display banners are not permitted without prior approval by ECS as they can create safety and egress concerns. These larger format events will be assigned to the terrace tabling spots.

Groups who have needs beyond a table and who wish to be outside should be scheduled in one of the four Terrace spots.  Also, keep in mind that, depending on the nature of your organization’s event description, it may require more than one scheduled tabling spot on Main Street. Please consult with the ECS when uncertain.

  • We have 8 tabling spaces on the breezeway, 4 covered (1 bakesale), and 4 open (1 bakesale).
  • Outdoor spaces are not available from the start of winter break until spring break due to weather concerns.
  • Basic sound can only be assigned to the Covered Breezeway, and may only be assigned during free hour (12-1) M/W/F or the weekend!
  • We have 6 tabling spaces on Mainstreet including 2 bake sale locations.
  • If the event is requesting basic sound: There can only be one basic sound system on Mainstreet at once!
  • This is the paved area between Commons and Lecture Hall 1, and has 5 reservable locations.

Game Room

  • The game room has been removed from the requestable space inventory. This space is open to all UMBC community members, but is not reservable for event use.


Fireside Lounge

  • The lounge operates as a quiet study space from 830am-3pm Monday – Friday
  • Fireside lounge is requestable from 3pm until building close and on weekends. It is also reservable in conjunction with the Skylight room when that space is available. No resets will be allowed in the space. Student events will need a Front of House staff for events in the space.


Student Groups:

  • May not reserve during finals (including study/ reading day)
  • Use of a computer lab requires a use justification and approval from ECS

Academic Clearance:

  • This is the scheduling hold to prioritize class scheduling. Clearance is only granted once all academic classes / events are placed in appropriate spaces across campus. This typically happens about 2 weeks into the semester. Until then, ECS is unable to place or approve reservations in Registrar controlled academic spaces, except during free hour (12-1pm M/W/F) and on the weekends after Friday at 6pm.